Thursday 7 August 2014

Durian Cheesecake

I have baked durian cheesecake last Saturday for my elder sister in law's birthday. Initially I plan to bake strawberry jelly cheesecake but finally after consulting my 2nd sister in law's opinion I have decided to go with durian cheesecake as she loves it so much. I've experienced in baking cheesecake but not durian cheesecake and thought maybe I can get some recipes on Google. I've make a research on some of the recipes in Google and finally followed the recipe from Noms I Must. I've tried to draw the spider web as showed in the recipe but maybe the durian flesh stuck in the silicone piping pen (bought from Daiso) make it a bit hard to squeeze it out smoothly. I've decided to made some decoration on the cheesecake and finally got the idea to make butterfly from chocolate. The chocolate butterfly turn out nice but can't be seen clearly on the cake because of the web and it melts quite fast due to the hot season. Nevertheless, the durian cheesecake taste heavenly and coverup the shortfall of the chocolate butterflies. The texture is so smooth and creamy that it melt in the mouth, the durian fibres looks very inviting too. For those who loves durian you might loves this too... It is quite easy and worth a try!

Durian Cheesecake (adapted from Kevin Chai's我和芝士蛋糕的秘密)

Ingredients:

Base:
160g crushed chocolate marie biscuits (I use 210g digestive cookies)
80g melted butter (I use 105g)

Cheese layer:
450g cream cheese (I use 500g)
80g caster sugar
170g durian flesh (I use 300g)
3 eggs
80g milk (I use 85g)
1 tbsp cornstarch

Topping:
1 tsp cocoa powder, 2 tsp water

Method:


1. To make base, stir all ingredients until combined. Press mixture into base of 18cm (7-inches) cake tin. (I use 8")
2. To make filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and durian flesh until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Beat in milk and cornstarch until blended. Reserve 1 tbsp cheese mixture for topping, pour the rest of the mixture into tin.
4. To make topping, mix well cocoa powder with water. Add in 1 tbsp of reserved cheese mixture, stir until well blended. Pipe on top of the surface of cheese mixture and draw net pattern with skewer.
5. Bake in oven at 170°C for 40-45 mins (I use water bath @ 150°C for 50mins) or until light brown. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Chill in fridge.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment