Thursday 19 March 2015

Mini/Bite Size Wholemeal Parmesan Cheese Bun

I always store baking and cooking stuff in case I need them and will comes in handy. However I always have to throw all the the rotten stuff because I've forgotten what I've bought previosly. Lately,when I throw the mozarella and cream cheese and I've found that the Parmesan cheese is going to expire soon. In order not to waste it, I've googled for a good recipe. I saw this bite size Parmesan cheese bun from a few blogs and I've decided to give it a try by using my bread machine. The first blog that I came accross is from Sze Min's blog and the second is from yukiecody and from a few others too. I've made some changes to the recipe as I don't have enough bread flour and substituted with wholemeal flour and added more Parmesan cheese as compared to theirs. (The actual recipe is by Carol Hu, a popular Taiwanese baker/author.)

Mini/Bite Size Wholemeal Parmesan Cheese Bun
Yield: 23 mini buns
Wet Ingredients
80gm milk
1 beaten egg

Dry Ingredients
200gm bread flour (I've used 142gm hi-protein bread flour and 58gm unbleached whole meal flour)
1/3 tsp yeast
30gm sugar
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese  (I've use 4tbsp finely chopped Parmesan cheese)
To be added later
30gm cold butter (cube)
1/8 tsp salt
Instructions:
  1. Add all the wet ingredients into the bread machine (bm), followed by the dry ingredients and make a hole in the center to contain the yeast.
  2. Choose 'Dough' function on the bread machine and press 'Start'
  3. After 25 mins (I'm using Joyoung bm), the bm will stop and you may add in the butter and the salt.
  4. Choose 'Proofing' function and let it knead and proof for 1 1/2 hrs (1st proofing). During kneading period, you'll find that the dough is quite oily and sticky at this time but fret not.
  5. Take out the dough after that and gently punch the dough to release the air in it. Shape it round and cover with cling wrap and proof for 15 mins
  6. Roll out with 1 cm thickness and cut into 2cm x 2cm small squares, place them apart and proof for another 50-60 mins. (I just shape it round and let it proof)
  7. Egg or milk wash the surface. (I use egg wash method)
  8. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C for 12-15mins
Happy Trying !!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment